a Paph, but which one??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
This is another paph., that I bought about a year ago, with 2 buds on a single stalk. This time, there is one bud, and I hope will be one flower. Is the pict. good enough to say which species?? Jean

paphiopedilum4635708023pw1.jpg

Jean,

How tall is the inflorescence?

If I had to say something based on your photo I would say cochlopetalum group. That is a total guess. If the spike is shorter, maybe a brachy, but those hairs are so abundant it immediately makes me wonder about a cochlo. It also looks like there is another bud possibly growing behind, which would back up that guess of mine.

Other thoughts?

But Heather, Jean said 2 flowers last yr and only one this time a round. It can't be cochlo. My first thought was villosum but it doesn't look anything like my villosums. What about micranthum? or one of the new guys we're not allow to have?

I've had 3 cups already and I still don't know what I'm looking at! As a matter of fact, it's beginning to jump a round on the computer screen! I think I'll get another cup:wink:

can we have a whole plant shot, showing the whole plant with the pot etc.... to see the leaves shape and substance

based on the way leaves "stand" in the last pics I'd say delenatii but hard to say with this pic.

can we have a whole plant shot, showing the whole plant with the pot etc.... to see the leaves shape and substance

based on the way leaves "stand" in the last pics I'd say delenatii but hard to say with this pic.

I agree!!

Ramon:)

Latest posts

Back