Paph (Coorong x Wellconabe) '#3'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest to bloom from this cross. The colors are interesting, but the form is not good.
PaphCoorongxWellconabe3.jpg

For comparison: '#1' and '#2'
PaphCoorongxWellconabe1.jpg

PaphCoorongxWellconabe2.jpg

It's too bad about the form on #1, I like the color/markings.
#2 & 3 are quite nice!

Amazing difference. I would not have thought this possible but then I am new at this.

#2 is the one I would likely keep. #3 might be a lot better on a subsequent bloom when it is a multigrowth plant, it does have pleasant color. #2 does little for me. But, what we like is personal taste. It is fun to see the results of our own breeding. Great job.

#2 is the one I would likely keep. #3 might be a lot better on a subsequent bloom when it is a multigrowth plant, it does have pleasant color. #2 does little for me. But, what we like is personal taste. It is fun to see the results of our own breeding. Great job.

'#1', the middle picture, is the only one I've kept so far. It has the best form and the colors are much more vibrant in natural light. I took the photo under fluorescent lights because we in the middle of a cloudy, prolonged cold spell in the middle of last winter. I'm looking forward to its next bloom.
I also have two more in bud.

That's what I meant to type, plant #1, the second photo was my favorite. Please keep posting the pictures. It is fun to compare.
Thanks
Leo

Back