Shun Fa Golden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
Here is my Shun Fa Golden that just finished blooming. I have been insanely busy and was always hoping to get some better pictures of this flower but now that it has dropped I figured I would share the decent pictures that I did manage to capture. It was already a little past its prime in these pictures as there was about a two week period where it was at its full size (NS 15cm) without a reflexed dorsal. It was somewhat strongly fragrant to me it was a slightly lemony fresh scent.
3kacT45h.jpg

And here is the plant picture-it seems to have taken a happy medium in term of spike length from its parents coming in at 36cm
ipIZhOgh.jpg

Did this take a very long time to develop like malipoense??
I have two in low sheath, but I find them very very slow.

I don't think it took nearly as long as malipoense. But it was fairly slow. Probably around 8-10 weeks from the time that I was 100% sure it was a spike until the bud was fully open. The thing I noticed most was that the bud opened super slowly--probably about two weeks of opening and expanding.

HI Denver, awesome to see you bloomed this. I haven't bloomed any yet. When I got these May 2015 - I thought they are large enough to bloom. But they need to go through some adjustment. I had one in bud but it blasted due to underwater. Maybe there is one in bud now. There are couple Paph Liberty Taiwan are in buds that I'm excited to see.

I don't think it took nearly as long as malipoense. But it was fairly slow. Probably around 8-10 weeks from the time that I was 100% sure it was a spike until the bud was fully open. The thing I noticed most was that the bud opened super slowly--probably about two weeks of opening and expanding.

Thanks.
Slow opening is also malipoense related.
I remember painfully watching mine to open. lol

Latest posts

Back