Laurie-Lei Quintal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

Multiflorals assassin
Reaction score
(Haley Decker x dalessandroi)

Well, I guess it's my time to post this cross with the cupped flower. If it flattens out, it's going to be a great flower.
Russell, now I understand! ;)

Phrag.Laurie-Lei.Quintal.fleur1.aoucirct2015.jpeg

I tried to make a comparative picture with my besseae and dalessandroi, but the colour rendering is a bit off. My camera isn't good enough I guess for certain plants.
I tried to fix it with Iphoto, but that didn't quite work.

Phrag.Laurie-Lei.Quintal.Aoucirct2015.fleur1.jpeg

Good observation. The colour is in between a line bred besseae and a dalessandroi. I also like the two redish lines on the staminoide. It's the
reverse of what we see on the besseae and dalessandroi. Nice round pouch also.
It just need to open up a little more.

Is it getting close to blooming again?

Yes :)
But, it's still in low spike. Might take at least two months before seeing if it's better than the last time. At least it will be blooming in a lower temperature, so we'll see if it'll make any difference.

More water.

Actually, I'd say less light. My dalessandroi's bloom are cupped during summer when It's at 16-17 hours of light and are more open in fall and winter with 14-12 hours of "daylight".
But it could also be a coincidence or temperature related. I tried the "water everyday" method for my Jason Fischer and the blooms still looked like crap and didn't open/developed at a faster paste. So, as long as I'm blooming my Phrags by watering them every three days, I'll keep the regime... I have way too many plants for a more rigorous watering schedule. :eek:

I also understand what you mean. Warmer temp.=more evaporation. And since it's cooler in fall and winter, the blooms are better with my "every three day" schedule. I'm slow, but I eventually get it.. lol
Also, sometimes it's just a crappy flower.
I'll keep you posted. A lot of pressure all of a sudden for this little guy ..:)

Latest posts

Back