Another primulinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22376&highlight=primulinum

I think this sibling of the above is even nicer. Kind of yellow/pastel purple. I'm pretty thrilled.

primulinumprofile_zps5a7f718a.jpg

primulinum2013A_zpsad97971f.jpg

primulinumWP_zpsa2d2f8cc.jpg

It's done great in the basket. Roots poking out all over.

The plant looks tiny for a primulinum (which is always desirable) and great flowering.

Is primulinum the only species paph where the albino form is more prevavlent that the coloured form?

Is it a case os prevalence, or just that the type is the album as a result of being introduced earlier. We certainly see them in roughly equal proportions in South Africa (that would harly be a representative sample though)

Is it a case os prevalence, or just that the type is the album as a result of being introduced earlier. We certainly see them in roughly equal proportions in South Africa (that would harly be a representative sample though)

I think in the wild the yellow form is predominant too.

Is primulinum the only species paph where the albino form is more prevavlent that the coloured form?

At one point, the venustum album was more common than the coloratum one. I think its even now. I think its like a trend. It comes and goes.

I don't own a venustum album or a primulinum album, only the coloured forms. As I said, South Africa won't be a representative sample. I am starting to feel the need for a shopping trip!:(

That's a stand out flower on a smallish plant Rick. Love the dorsals' rich colour. Another one of yours appreciating the basket!

Gary
UK

Latest posts

Back