Show me your leaves!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I just love the leaves of this niveum.
Pniveum2_zps16ae1392.jpg

Who has better ones? Lets see'em!

I like niveum foliage but that is probably my 4th. 1st will be delenatii vini (scribble pattern) and 2nd will be canhii (I love the checkered pattern).

Those are beautifully patterned leaves for niveum.

They look more like bellatulum or even delenatii.

My niveum has mostly solid dark green leaves with white spots.

The vinicolor delenatii gets my vote for prettiest leaves. I'll post a picture when I finally get one next Saturday.

I'll play

urbanianum
urbanianum2013-02-21.jpg

tortipetalum
tortipetalum2013-02-21.jpg

Oeceoclades spathulifera - a Madegascar plant you don't see every day.
Oeceoclades spathulifera2013-02-21.jpg

micranthum type eburnum, this one is supposed to be from the original Chinese location from which the form was described. Bought it 20+ years ago, finally in bud after a near death set back quite a few years ago. Glad it is finally healthy. Flower pictures soon. ;)
micranthum-eburnum2013-02-21.jpg

malipoense the normal form
malipoense2013-02-21.jpg

variation on malipoense - (malipoense x jackii alba) flowers have pigment, I bloomed it before, the selfing of the flower is what will be interesting.
malipoense x jackii alba2013-02-21.jpg

Hoya species name hasn't been determined, findleysonia-callistophylla complex. It comes from the Indonesian province of Kalimantan on Borneo. Not too far from Paph stonei habitat.
hoya-spKalimantan2013-02-21.jpg

delenatii forma vinicolor ('Dunkle') seedlings from Ernie G. Enlightened Orchids
delenatii-vinicolor2013-02-21.jpg

I only have 5 Nepenthes, but they are all really interesting ones, originally from Tom Heller. This is a seedling from select highly colored parents, and it turned out pretty good, I have never seen an alata hybrid with this much color. The maxima parent must have been something.
Nepenthes (alata x maxima)
alata x maxima2013-02-21.jpg

Nearly all my leaves (except the hanging ones :p ) :D
IMG_7334_zpsd49ab06f.jpg

A closer look (one of my favourites is the supposed javanicum/virens at the right corner, back row with silvery leaves) - others in the same pic are barbatum (one at the back and one mini front centre), bellatulum and a few Maudiae types..
IMG_7341_zpsd1a9c40d.jpg

Back row: Lovesong (acmodontum x suk), callosum/suk, lawrenceanum, Middle row: Vini Maudiae type, Front row: barbatum, superbiens, callosum
IMG_7343_zps5c02b08e.jpg

Very nice leaves you have there people! :D I love mottled leaves, which is why I have most barbata type Paphs.

Leo Schordje: Interesting, I have what is supposed to be a normal variant of malipoense, but the foliage looks more like you variant (malipoense x jacki alba). That's strange I suppose...

Leo, those leaves are unusually large on the micranthum v. eburneum. have you bloomed it out? BTW, if we're dong non-slippers I have a collection of jewel orchids! :poke:

P2221487_zps37ed2701.jpg

P2221489_zpsd1be7a31.jpg

P2221488_zps8a9db025.jpg

superbiens v. curtsii and appletonianum v. hainanense
P2221486_zps8424efc4.jpg

P2221485_zps02478b9e.jpg

P2211484_zpsa6a4aaed.jpg

P2211483_zpscefeecfa.jpg

Nice foliages Eric !
I'm just wondering, how your Paphs do manage it to survive on your gas stove ? :confused:
BTW the foliage of my P. violascens I showed in another thread ain't bad neither.
paph_violascens_leaves.jpg

Latest posts

Back