More Paphs in Flower right now

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Paphiopedilum Fumi's Delight - grows cold and should grow cold in my opinion (and warm in summer of course).

Not a bad first flowering seedling:

P1000499.jpg

P1000521.jpg

Unusual hybrid: sukhakulii x armeniacum and from this photo I think this plant is better than most from this hybrid. Although why they felt they needed to make it is beyond me...........

P1000511.jpg

P1000515.jpg

Norito Hasegawa HCC/AOC - obviously not awarded on this flowering but it's a huge flower and I can see why it would have gotten an award on a previous flowering, next time it will be better.

P1000571.jpg

Your parvi hybrids are great!

That sukh cross is appalling and appealing at the same time. Something to keep for its weirdness. Shame it lost all the yellow from armeniacum.

norito hasegawa?

Beautiful parvi hybrids but I have to agree with the others.
I thought Norito was usually much more yellow green than this awarded clone. Whatever it is , it is a stunner,

David

I really like the subtle colours of the first one combined with it's strong contrasting staminoid shield.

The second one is also pretty and might even have some breeding potential? Could it be used to make an odd multi? I like how the armeniacum has decreased the size of the spots that normally come with sukh hybrids. Even the shape of it's pouch reminds me of a multi.

Beautiful Fumi! It's one of my favorites. I'm always amazed at the size of flowers this hybrid puts out.

I also agree with what others have said about the "Norito," but I will just go ahead and say that isn't a Norito Hasegawa. It doesn't look exactly like micranthum x delenatii or micranthum x emersonii, but it definitely has micranthum in it. Maybe some parvi primary x micranthum?

Lovely! I like Parvi's a whole lot. I also really like the suk cross. I'm on dial-up, so, it takes awhile for photos to download and I got to read the comments first, before I saw the photos. I expected to see a butt-ugly suk cross; but, instead, I was pleasantly surprised. I like it.

I agree with the others. That is not a Norito Hasegawa. There's no malipoense in there at all. The staminode sheild has no evidence of that dark chocolate on the lower half, which comes from malipoense. This looks to me to be another Fumi's Delight.....just made with a very dark micranthum and thus, producing a more pink offspring. Look at the staminode sheild. It's very close to the staminode shield of the Fumi's Delight pictured above it. The size, shape, colour and colour pattern are basically the same on both flowers.

Some nice Paphs including the sukh cross. I agree with the others on the Norito. It clearly has micranthum in it. It is astonishing the judges wouldn't have recognised this.

David

Fumi is great. suk cross is really good, considering, but it is weird. And probably not very fertile. Weird if that is a N.H.

Yeah the Norito Hasegawa I am starting to have doubts about. I actually think it's micranthum x armeniacum now.

Darren,

Did you tell the people that are bidding on the "Norito Hasegawa" that there is some discussion about the true id of the plant? Not everyone on eBay knows what they are doing.

Mick

Latest posts

Back