Paph. lawrenceanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

I bought this plant a couple of weeks ago with the flower allmost completely opened. It took a bit to open a bit further and only this weekend I found time to take pictures of it.

Enjoy

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

Wonderful Flowers! What setting are you using to take the photo? Any special lenses to take the picture?

Paphman910

I use a Canon 400D DSLR with a Sigma 105mm macro prime and a cable remote, this setup is put on a tripod with ballhead. Aperature setting was 14 and exposure set above or below 1 second depending on the light.

Pictures were taken in a room with lot's of indirect ligt and with a piece of black cloth as backdrop. No flash was used.

After taking the pictures I processed them with Gimp ( <= freeware Photoshop )

An old favorite of mine! I love how you show the plant and the flower in some of the photos.

I use a Canon 400D DSLR with a Sigma 105mm macro prime and a cable remote, this setup is put on a tripod with ballhead. Aperature setting was 14 and exposure set above or below 1 second depending on the light.

Pictures were taken in a room with lot's of indirect ligt and with a piece of black cloth as backdrop. No flash was used.

After taking the pictures I processed them with Gimp ( <= freeware Photoshop )

Real great job of taking the photo! You set the aperature of 14 to get more field of depth since the flower is 3D. How far is the camera from the flowers?

That prime lens is really sharp and I can understand why you use a cable remote to reduce vibration.

Does Gimp correct lens abberations? I know Photoshop CS5 has it in the filter section.

Paphman910

Real great job of taking the photo! You set the aperature of 14 to get more field of depth since the flower is 3D. How far is the camera from the flowers?

That prime lens is really sharp and I can understand why you use a cable remote to reduce vibration.

Does Gimp correct lens abberations? I know Photoshop CS5 has it in the filter section.

Paphman910

Distance depends on the shot I want to make, real macro's like I made of the Pinocchio are somewere between 10-30 cm's. But some of the shots that I made of the whole plant I need to setup 2 meters from the plant.

I could solve this by buying another macro lense or try using another lense I have. But I like the sharpness of the lense.

I don't know if Gimp can correct lens abberations.

Back