Phrag. Jason Fischer 'Red Hawk'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I still think that this is one of the best Red Phragmipedium hybrids out there. This is an example of an excellent 2N form:

PhragJasonFischerRedHawk912010.jpg

I decided to cross it onto our Phrag. Fritz Schomburg 'Peach Sorbet' Hopefully we will increase the size and inherit some of the dark red from Jason Fischer:

PhragFritzSchomburg8152010-1.jpg

Robert

Gorgeous!

I still think that this is one of the best Red Phragmipedium hybrids out there.

I don't think there is any question that Jason Fischer is the prettiest red hybrid. Is there anything else even close? That being said, there are others that are more fun for me to grow. Hybrids with longifolium in the background (like Don Wimber) seem so much easier to grow.

e-spice

That is one great Jason Fischer bloom !!:drool:!! (hope mine will be nearly as nice)!
Curious about the outcome of this cross!!! Jean

http://www.phragweb.info/phragmiped...+Fischer&photo_type=P&photo=True&detail=False

While Jason Fischer is an outstanding cross; I consider it a stepping stone. This is IMO the best red phrag, [to date].

Even though Asuko Fischer is nice; I would not call it a "Red" flower, it is more a dark pink to maroon.

3 hybrids that I would call "Red" that may rival a Phrag. Jason Ficher are:

Phrag. Windsor Castle (= Elizabeth Castle x besseae):

PhragWindsorCastleWindsorRedAMAOS86pts11172005.jpg

Phrag. Scarlet O'Hara (= Jason Fischer x besseae); 3 examples:

PhragScarletOHaraOL48221152007.jpg

PhragScarletOHaraFernbrookHCCAOS279pts9172005.jpg

PhragScarletOHaraGoneWithTheWind-close-442006.jpg

and Phrag. Robert C. Silich (= Jason Fischer x Mem. Dick Clements):

PhragRobertCSilichRobertsPick632007.jpg

PhragRobertCSilichRobertsPick-close-632007.jpg

Robert

I love the Windsor Castle! First time I've heard of that cross and seen a pix of it. I'm in love.. :smitten:

Back