P. argus :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

I got this in really low sheath in Sept, for my birthday and it looks like it's just fully open now! It's 'Volcano' x 'Great Argument' from OL :clap: I'm Really pleased with it! I just wish I'd have staked it to present a little better, but I guess I just didn't expect it to get such a tall, regal spike! NS is 3 inches (anyone know what these usually run?)
FYI - I know I need to get a better photo background spot. This is against a creme colored wall. So the lighting and colors should be true, it just looks a little funky next to the wall color! Time to make a big frame and stretch some black cloth over it!

And from the side! Love the hairy warts and veining on the pouch!

More posts to come with the blooms you can see in the background of this one!:D

I have not been an argus lover, but these last two are growing on me! Very nice!:drool: :clap:
... Time to make a big frame and stretch some black cloth over it!
It's easy & inexpensive to make a frame out of PVC pipe. I found a black cotton sheet at Walmart for a few bucks in the mark down area!

Thanks for the photo frame tips! I'm Planning on doing black velvet, but I haven't been to the store to stand in front of the racks of fabric and have that moment of cheapness where I might think that something cheaper will do! ...If the plant is small enough, I've even hung up my black velvet skating skirt for a background LOL Which reminds me I could take a closeup shot of this one in front of my skirt - it just wasn't big enough for the group shot, and I didn't feel like moving things around for the individual pics the other day.
What about plants with lots of black warts like this one though? Would white or maybe a blue work better in those cases?? It might be nice to make the frame with black on one side, and a different color on the other...

Ok, here's take two on the argus picture, with a less confusing background color. :p

There, I feel like I've done my blooming beauty more justice now!

That's beautiful!! I remember emailing you to ask if it ever bloomed. I see it did, and beautifully! THank you for posting the pics :)

Extremely lovely! I love the veination in the dorsal and the overall color and form!

Latest posts

Back