Paph fairrieanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
First bloom seedling with an unsual pastel coloring. Kinda neat but not fully mature
p1020954.jpg

Green background!

p1020976u.jpg

Front view
p1020953h.jpg

Whole plant shot. height from base of plant to top of dorsal 21 inches!
p1020979h.jpg

The flower, itself in on the large size as well. I had two of the same cross in bud originally and the first was a much darker flower. Unfortunetely, a squirrel got into the GH through an air vent and snaped the spike off!:mad: I had an eye wittness, the wife. At least that is her story and she is sticking to it!:rollhappy:
Oh, also the plant itself is over 12 inches in leaf span.

What an elegant bloom!! Very unique!! The colors are amazing! Darned squirrels!!

I was wondering how this one was doing; she's the one beside your monster phrag isn't she. It's a definite cutie; love the frilly petals. :clap:

T....I had an eye wittness, the wife. At least that is her story and she is sticking to it!:rollhappy:....

Do you trust in your wife Rick ???? :D :D :D

This is really an extraordinary fairrieanum not only by its pale colouration but also by its taaaaaaaaaaall flower stem. All in all I like it.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Do you know the parentage of this one Rick?

The one I got from Orchid Inn (even paler), also has a tall spike and large leaf span.

Do you know the parentage of this one Rick?

The one I got from Orchid Inn (even paler), also has a tall spike and large leaf span.
I'll have to look it up after I get home from work:( but it's rosa X something, I think

OK Rick, Sorry for the delay, computer was down. The cross is 'Bounds' X 'Sosa'.
No rosa, I remembered wrong!

OK Rick, Sorry for the delay, computer was down. The cross is 'Bounds' X 'Sosa'.
No rosa, I remembered wrong!

Well at this level not related to Queen of Spades.

That was fantastic that you got up in time to save your GH. Because of fairly frequent power outages up here, I have a Blue Flame heater, that is actually even bigger BTU-wise to the combined heat of my electric heaters. It runs without electricity, but without some battery operated fans the heat stratifies at the ceiling. It's also clean enough to not torture my phals like some other gas heaters have a tendency to do. Right now I'm down one (out of 3) electric heaters and last night when I ran out of propane the GH got down to 55 before I woke up. The electric heat is supposed to be the majority of heat with the gas heater to pickup the slack (as well as protection for the outages). This year I'm trying to keep it closer to 60, but I know that 55 is really no big deal for the plants. 40 is pushing it though for some of your stuff Rick, so I also hope nobody took a hit.

Thanks all. So you like my paph ghostus do you Eric? It's an easy one to grow but a little hard to see when it blooms!
I staked the fairrie upright and looks like a king now.

Latest posts

Back