Paph. Pink Sky

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

This is one of my favorite multifloral/parvi crosses. Paph. Pink Sky is Lady Isabel x delenatii. I think it is a much better cross than Paph. delrosi. It blooms much more reliable and faster compared to delrosi. Here are some pictures of a recent remake that I made of this cross with a first bloom seedling:

PaphPinkSky-plant-362009.jpg

PaphPinkSky362009.jpg

Here are some older pictures of some more mature plants from different crosses:

PaphPinkSkyPaintedLady-close-316200.jpg

PaphPinkSkyPaintedLady-plant-316200.jpg

PaphPinkSkyDoublePink-close-2212003.jpg

PaphPinkSkyPinkDragon-close-1292003.jpg

Robert

Gosh, they are very nice. The fact that they are easier to flower is a huge plus too! I'd buy one.

Your new seedling is certainly a step up from your older plants. I have always loved this cross. I agree that it is better than Delrosi.

David

Very nice. I've had mine forever and it still hasn't bloomed! :(
Is it faster to bloom than Paph Gloria Naugle?

Yes, I think it is; with roth crosses (like Delrosi and Gloria Naugle) it also depends on which roth they used. If they used an older roth, I think the hybrids are a lot slower, but I have noticed that when we have remade some of the primaries using the "newer" generation roths that the hybrids (like Delrosi or Gloria Naugle) will be a lot faster to bloom, but I still think that this Pink Sky will be faster even compared to a newer generation Delrosi or Gloria Naugle.

Robert

What a gorgeous plant and flower! Leaves me wondering what Lady isabel x vietnamese would look like. Has anyone made that cross? :drool:

Oh wow! Colour and form are awesome (as far as I can tell but I'm no expert)! I love it - must get one!

Dan

What a gorgeous plant and flower! Leaves me wondering what Lady isabel x vietnamese would look like. Has anyone made that cross? :drool:

Yes, as I like how Pink Sky looks, I made both Lady Isabel x vietnamense and Lady Isabel x Ho Chi Minh. They have not bloomed yet.

Robert

^ ^
I ordered a couple Paph delenatii (half-dunkel) from Orchids Limited this week. They should be waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home tonight! I also ordered a Paph lowii 'Horizontal' selfing. :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back