Rlc. Scott Dailey -miniature Cattleya-

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Below is one of my miniature Cattleya hybrids: Rlc. Scott Dailey. It is probably the smallest miniature Cattleya hybrid flower that I have seen, that still has the "standard" shape. I like the artshade that it has, plus the contrasting red in the lip! I have also added a quarter for comparison.

Interestingly this flower was from the same cross!

These are the two parents:
Sl. Mariottiana flava:

Pot. Luna Jaune:

Robert

Did you make this cross, or did you buy it from someone? I have a Rupicolous Laelia that's in bud and hopefully will bloom (from Chaz Smith, Laelia fournieri x S. cernua). My guess is a flower about the size of a nickle or dime.

Did you make this cross, or did you buy it from someone? I have a Rupicolous Laelia that's in bud and hopefully will bloom (from Chaz Smith, Laelia fournieri x S. cernua). My guess is a flower about the size of a nickle or dime.

I made both the Sl. Mariottiana flava (with one of our sophronitis coccinea flava), and this cross (Rlc. Scott Dailey). Post a picture of your Rupicolous laelia once it blooms!

Robert

Post a picture of your Rupicolous laelia once it blooms!

Robert

Well, back in 2014, the bud blasted. Fast forward 3 years, and attached is the first flower (photo from late September). The second flower blasted, but a third flower is forming. Not as red as I hoped, but the segments are wider. Flower about the size of a nickel.

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2img_1047.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2img_1047.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back