Paph Conco Lucia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GaryB

Paph Conco Lucia is the hybrid of Bella Luci and Conco-bellatlum, a mix of just three species: bellatulum, concolor, and godefroye. This plant got some of the best attributes of all three, nice shape, good spotting and the yellow background from the concolor (The photo may not show the yellow very well, it looks a little washed out on my monitor). Measurements are around the average measurements of awards cultivars of its parents. I would have sent it to the orchid show this weekend. but the dorsal sepal had some damage so I'll wait 'til next time to see if it's awardable.

paphconcolucia.jpg

:clap::clap: AAAAHH!!! :drool::drool:
First bloom? It's a shame about the dorsal damage, I get little dings like that & heck if I know where they come from!:(
From a judging standpoint would the slight gap between the dorsal & the petals need to fill in? or are other Conco Lucias like this?

:clap::clap: AAAAHH!!! :drool::drool:
First bloom? It's a shame about the dorsal damage, I get little dings like that & heck if I know where they come from!:(
From a judging standpoint would the slight gap between the dorsal & the petals need to fill in? or are other Conco Lucias like this?

It's a 2nd bloom plant with another growth at least half mature. No Conco Lucias have been awarded yet. I'm assuming that the concolor opens it up a little. I looked for pics and found a variety of forms, some 'open' like this one and others without a gap.

None awarded, how about that!? I hope judges will chime in, I am interested in how they would view/judge? When considering the 3 species involved, what's the perfect blend? Is it self supporting of the flower? Length of flower stem?

Latest posts

Back