Growing Area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony, I think what you need is something like this:
6db71644-7c34-4b2b-bd9b-6c4765ff3902.1abf87a94e24d76d219f53600ef0e2b5.jpeg

By having the shelving on wheels you can move the shelving closer together -- no center aisle -- and if you need to do something you then just wheel out the shelf you need. This is much how libraries archive books but for plants:
e29b62727d43e8bfb7e375cee07e3a2c.jpg

P.S. Sadly, Heather, I have no practical advice for you. Your best bet is to commit to a life of take-out and sit-in dining and forgo a kitchen.

Time for a slippertalk auction! :D
I actually think it would be fun to have an auction, just for fun, again sometime….I’ve sort of missed it…but we would have to do it at a time when I’m less busy at work…or maybe when I am not at this job…trying to find a new one as this one is not working with my Fibromyalgia very well….

Tony, I think what you need is something like this:
6db71644-7c34-4b2b-bd9b-6c4765ff3902.1abf87a94e24d76d219f53600ef0e2b5.jpeg

By having the shelving on wheels you can move the shelving closer together -- no center aisle -- and if you need to do something you then just wheel out the shelf you need. This is much how libraries archive books but for plants:
e29b62727d43e8bfb7e375cee07e3a2c.jpg

P.S. Sadly, Heather, I have no practical advice for you. Your best bet is to commit to a life of take-out and sit-in dining and forgo a kitchen.
Those line the sides of the growspace and they too are stuffed. The center is lit by halides so that spike height is not a concern.

I actually think it would be fun to have an auction, just for fun, again sometime….I’ve sort of missed it…but we would have to do it at a time when I’m less busy at work…or maybe when I am not at this job…trying to find a new one as this one is not working with my Fibromyalgia very well….
Aw, I'm sorry.

I am glad I only have a handful of my favorites. Once it becomes work, it loses the fun

Ugh, sorry to hear. That's rough. Healthy body and mind comes first. The plants, in moderation, help with that. Seems like you're doing a good job taming the beast.

Latest posts

Back