Cattleya trianaei splash

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaskandFlora

Reaction score
Cattleya trianaei splash - been waiting a few years to finally see what this one can do and I have to say, I'm quite pleased 😊 it's a little late in the bloom season, but it's been a couple of rough years for my personal collection and I'm honestly just pleased to see that this plant survived all the moves. I'm about to put up my first two hoop houses next months, so it'll finally have a home to settle into.

Attachments

• Cattleya trianaei splash.jpg
    Cattleya trianaei splash.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • Cattleya trianaei splash 2.jpg
    Cattleya trianaei splash 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
Cattleya trianaei splash - been waiting a few years to finally see what this one can do and I have to say, I'm quite pleased 😊 it's a little late in the bloom season, but it's been a couple of rough years for my personal collection and I'm honestly just pleased to see that this plant survived all the moves. I'm about to put up my first two hoop houses next months, so it'll finally have a home to settle into.
Beautiful!

.......but it's been a couple of rough years for my personal collection and I'm honestly just pleased to see that this plant survived all the moves. .....
These flowers are really nice ones and I'm sure after all these for plants 'not so good things' they will thrive in their new home. Good luck.

Thanks all. I am considering crossing it with another fortuitous splash trianaei that came out with big, flat petals but am not so keen on the floppy dorsal. Hoping the shape improves next year.

IMG_5493.jpeg

Wonderful flowers! 🥰

But for the record, the correct species name is: trianae!

'Trianaei' is faulty latin and has to be corrected, according to ICBN (The International Code of Botanical Nomenclature) - no matter whether the description of the species was first published under the erroneous name or whether plants of the species has been awarded as such.

(Jeeee, I start to feel a bit like Cato the Elder, who ended all his speeches in the Senate with "Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" 🙄)

Last edited:
Wonderful flowers! 🥰

'Trianaei' is faulty latin and has to be corrected, according to ICBN (The International Code of Botanical Nomenclature) - no matter whether the description of the species was first published under the erroneous name or whether plants of the species has been awarded as such.

(Jeeee, I start to feel a bit like Cato the Elder, who ended all his speeches in the Senate with "Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" 🙄)
HAHA! I love a good Cato reference. Maybe one day I'll finally go about changing my tags to trianae if I can find a show close enough while these are in bloom 😉

Wonderful flowers! 🥰

We love your name corrections!!

Latest posts

Back