Paphiopedilum Conco-bellatulum x Bella Lucia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Barry

Reaction score
Paph Conco-bellatulum x Bella Lucia

concobellxbella1.jpg

This is an older flower and I didn't even grow it, but I think it is a fantastic flower, and a good example of the breeding program of Nick Tannaci of Watsonville, California. Nick isn't so well-known to Paph hobbyists, but he is one of the pioneers of brachypetalum breeding, and is a very familiar name among practitioners of the art. He has many hybrids credited to him, as a search in OrchidWiz will reveal.

When I heard that Nick has decided to sell his orchid business, I figured to make a buy before he got a commitment from a prospective buyer. I bought eight plants, which I won't list here, but I think they represent the absolute best in brachy breeding.

Nick says he will continue to sell plants individually until he gets a firm offer for the collection, which includes everything from flasks to blooming plants. Since time may be short I urge anyone with an interest in advanced brachy hybrids to contact Nick through his website, Tannaci.com. The prices might surprise (or even shock) you, and Nick is a real gentleman.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Nick for his efforts. I certainly do, and you may too when you become aware of his accomplishments.

Regards,
Rick

You surely made a great deal Rick; I think this is a wonderful flower!!! Just had a look at Nick's website and I am really sorry that I do live closer by!!!:eek::eek::eek: Jean

Nick is a one of the nicest people I have ever met. He has lots of plants not listed on his web site. I sent him a few hundred dollars a few years ago for an assortment of bracys, and told him to pick the plants. Almost all were in bud. One of my best purchases. Rusty

Back