paph. trantuanii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he's just asking if anyone know any information about this "species"..

I don't.. haven't heard of it before, and google search didn't come up with any information.

Sorry, has someone information about this kultivar?
paph. trantuanii = paph. gatrixianum x callosum ?

What's this?
image003.jpg

I think Olaf know a bit about this species. Maybe he'll see this and wiegh in. Species or natural hybrid?

Kyle

Olaf spoke to my society in June and he showed us pictures of that species and said it is now in cultivation, in its native country probably. Not described

Hello goldenrose,
you are right , paph. barbigerum var. lockianum x paph. henryanum = x aspersum

THe first shown picture is the described Paph. trantuanhii.
It cannot be the cross between gratrixianum and henryanum, especially when you look to the small growth.
The blackish one is not in trade and I get only the picture some years ago and I am waiting for further informations.

Best greetings

Olaf

THe first shown picture is the described Paph. trantuanhii.
It cannot be the cross between gratrixianum and henryanum, especially when you look to the small growth.
The blackish one is not in trade and I get only the picture some years ago and I am waiting for further informations.

Best greetings

Olaf
Thanks Olaf, So you agree Paph hrantuanhii is a valid species? About the blackish one, I'm very interested in it! Especially if it turns out to be a species. It's so small and unique with the greenish/white synsepal, broad white border on the dorsal and blaskish/purple the rest of it

My tnedency is going to a distinct species, but I have seen only pictures not living plants.
A second problem is that also natural hybrids exist in the region of this species. So we must see more plants and flowers to imagine the variability of the species and also to define the borders to the other species and hybrids.

Best greetings

Olaf

Thanks Olaf, So you agree Paph hrantuanhii is a valid species? About the blackish one, I'm very interested in it! Especially if it turns out to be a species. It's so small and unique with the greenish/white synsepal, broad white border on the dorsal and blaskish/purple the rest of it
Me too!
Thanks for starting this thread Hakone!

Dear Robert,
it is always interesting to see this picture of the black one. I get the picture 2 years ago from Vietnam. A friend made this. I used the picture in my presentations and also on one orchid forum, but now the picture is going around. The same is with the other picture on the vietnamese page. I get it 3 years ago for analyzing together with some other pictures fro the habitata.

Best greetings

Olaf

Dear Robert,
it is always interesting to see this picture of the black one. I get the picture 2 years ago from Vietnam. A friend made this. I used the picture in my presentations and also on one orchid forum, but now the picture is going around. The same is with the other picture on the vietnamese page. I get it 3 years ago for analyzing together with some other pictures fro the habitata.

Best greetings

Olaf

I thought I'd seen this photo before. Not sure where, though, but probably on another forum -- the other slipper forum?

Latest posts

Back