Paphiopedilum sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Brachy

A very first bloomer, that I grow (and pamper :D ) since 2003.

Paphiopedilum_sangii.jpg

Congrats! These always look like sad puppy dogs :D
Elena, you hit the nail on its head - but even sad puppy dogs can bring joy to their growers!!
This flower looks good for a very first bloomer - way to go Steph.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

There's something more impressive when viewed in person!
Definitely weird & wonderful!

Another nice one! How big is that flower?

How many growths is your plant? What do you think are the important growing parameters for this species?

Very nice sangii! I'd love to hear what condition you grow yours in, if you don't mind sharing the info :clap:

Very nice sangii! I'd love to hear what condition you grow yours in, if you don't mind sharing the info :clap:

Hi Jorch : I grow this one in rockwool, with low salt level (# 200 µs/cm) and pH # 6.0 . It's important for a good rooting (otherwise, some plants - not all - produce only short stumps, mine included).
So, I have to juggle with (mainly) "diet" periods to promote roots and, from time to time, a little more food (up to 400 µs/cm), that I rinse 2 or 3 days after with my 200µs solution, or simply RO water.

The lighting is a 2 x 80 W compact fluo. kit.

Hope it will be useful ;o)

Hi Jorch : I grow this one in rockwool, with low salt level (# 200 µs/cm) and pH # 6.0 . It's important for a good rooting (otherwise, some plants - not all - produce only short stumps, mine included).
So, I have to juggle with (mainly) "diet" periods to promote roots and, from time to time, a little more food (up to 400 µs/cm), that I rinse 2 or 3 days after with my 200µs solution, or simply RO water.

The lighting is a 2 x 80 W compact fluo. kit.

Hope it will be useful ;o)

Thanks Steph! Great information :)

Latest posts

Back