Phrag pearcei 'Candor Red'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

charlie c

http://www.sewingpalette.com/orchids/candorred.html

A tale of success---ultimately.

We tried Phrags first in 2002 After years of growing orchids which have a wet to, some degree, dry cycle; it took me a while to wrap my mind around an orchid that actually wants to have "wet feet" all the time. (Something about old dogs and new tricks comes to mind.) Finally, last fall, I set it in a saucer of water and voila. This is less about kudos (three plus years to get it right --Duh) and more about passing along information that might save someone else some time and aggravation. It grows side by side with Catts, that bloom well, and gets the same conditions and feeding regimen. With the exception that, in between , it gets plain watered, daily.

charlie c

Thank you all for the kind words.
It's nice to be able to try something brand new and eventually get it right. It takes some of the sting out of looking back at the trail of plant corpses I've left behind. A rite of passage, I suppose, that adds to the total experience of growing orchids. Possibly confirming that the journey is more important than the destination.

charlie c

Latest posts

Back