Paph. Booth's Saint-Adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
'Wacousta' HCC/AOS (St. Swithin ‘Black Rook’ x adductum “Black Top’) This year's bloom only had three flowers, the same as when it was awarded.

Paph_BoothsSaintAdductum-flowers-2017.jpg

Paph_BoothsSaintAdductum-plant-2017.jpg

Thats stout, I would imagine thats darker than it looks in the picture, plant looks very healthy

Very healthy plant and nice form and color. I wonder why the count is not improving. I have the same grex but it decided not to flower this tear.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If I were a betting man, I would bet anitum rather then adductum. Given the age of the plant, I would also bet this cross was made in the age of the hidden anitums explaining the clonal name of the "adductum"

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If I were a betting man, I would bet anitum rather then adductum. Given the age of the plant, I would also bet this cross was made in the age of the hidden anitums explaining the clonal name of the "adductum"

And black top as a clonal name as a hint. ;)

This one is very nice!!!

what are the dimensions?

my st switin x anitum is much darker and looks mostly like an anitum..seems like there would be a size difference too..with adductum imparting larger flowers

Sorry Dot, I forgot to mention what a wonderful plant you have.

Thanks, Rick. I agree about the clonal name.

It really is a beautiful flower. I think I have one from the same cross (SVO?), but it has not bloomed yet. I hope it turns out half as nice as yours. Mike

Yes, it is from Fred Clarke.

David, could this be with the 'real' adductum - its quite light in colour?

It is still pretty dark to me. I think it would be a lot lighter if var adductum was used. While the dorsal isn't as dark as it could be it still has that anitum look.

My first impression looking at this flower dorsal was adductum.
Even if anitum was used, resulting progenies wouldn't all uniformly dark anyway.
You have to consider the influence from other species involved and the genetic shuffling.

I thought about getting one from SVO but didn't.
I think Fred was selling large seedling or bloom size if I remember correctly. This would have cut waiting time significantly on my part. Mine is still about 10 inch leaf span, and very slow.

Latest posts

Back