roth coming in nicely so far

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
this is one of two I bought from Ozone. The other one has three small flowers, color streaks and blotches and is displaying at right angles to each other...not even worth posting a picture.Will probably sell it..sometime

But this one is setting up nice...five flowers with potential for good spacing and all to the viewer

last pic is the plant with four foot LS

will post final pics once opened

32299390123_eb1722a1c6_c.jpg

32299389933_1e361e7c15_c.jpg

32299389833_29964bd300_c.jpg

Jeez! Now I remember why I don't grow a lot of Multis. Good luck.
I know , right....but most of them are fairly small these days..the largeness has been bred out of them and with anitum as a parent (sanderianum also)...you can get small clumped plants. The collection I have now is what I dreamt of having back in 93..a lot of really good breeding by some hard working growers has come a long way..I remember it starting when I saw Terry's list that included the 1000 dollar flasks for rex x mont milais and the sanderianum cross....not sure why but it intrigued me and then to see multi's in bloom for the first time in 94 (St Swithin I believe), i was hooked

Stunning. I would love to get more roths and multis, but my limited growing area in my apt won't allow for it. Looking forward to seeing the flowers on this one.

Well, the first two blooms have opened up and although the spacing between the flowers should be nice..the individual flowers have lots of flaws..pouches are a little distorted and the petals twist irregularly. Don't see any potential in this one down the line..but it makes for a nice display in the orchid room. The flowers on the other one (that I thought would not be as good) actually might have some potential...the pouch has some white warts, but maybe they will go away on the next blooming and I will get more flowers.

32390552104_af11a71f21_b.jpg

The size is 25 cm across the petals
33078166202_b3ac4cca39_b.jpg

22 cm across the petals
32390552684_d04cd366e4_b.jpg

nice roths but not show stoppers, unfortunately.
Is the big plant of 'Rex' lineage?

definitely not show stoppers...

not sure..I think I once heard that the ones they sell (OZONE) are sib crossings of the Rex x MM select offspring. I am thinking of springing for a Red Rider x Bluff BS , apparently they have been coming in as much better. I only got these two because they were in bud..but they are the lowest grade quality they have for sale

they have probably bloomed out hundreds..they are trying to get rid of the previously bloomed versions for 30 dollars each

so final dimensions..NS 27 cm and DS 5.3 cm

which falls in line with recent AM and HCC awards...but it has too many flaws and the color isnt all that inspiring

Latest posts

Back