Paphiopedilum appletonianum bloom in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
It is accidentally that I have the change to see their bloom in their habitat (I just know that they have bud at this time in the wild).
Just very lucky that I could see them because it is very far that I have to go to see them, so I could not do it often.
They grow at attitude from 1100m on as I saw from this trip. Temperature this time from 20-28oC. They love to grow on soil surfaces with all old death leaves (you could see).

1CXC_0400.jpg

1CXC_0394.jpg

1CXC_0428.jpg

1CXC_0365.jpg

1CXC_0361.jpg

1IMG_4122.jpg

1IMG_4108.jpg

Awesome!!! Culture info please!!! I didn't see you put the altitude and temp in the picture caption lol..

Last edited:
You rock my friend!! Do you have a website?

Awesome info in those pics!!!!

Congrats, I think you were too late last time and missed them in bloom.
Not this time, wow, just so special to see in the wild. Thanks so much for sharing.

Congrats, I think you were too late last time and missed them in bloom.
Not this time, wow, just so special to see in the wild. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you, yes it is too late last time and this time almost too early, I just saw some bloom and hundreds are in bud.
It is great to see them in person in their habitat

Wow! Thank you. You really need a website!!

I do hope you put these photos all together in a book. I am always amazed to see how Paphs seem to grow on nothing! I learn so much from your in-situ photos, and would love to see a book with these all together in one place.

Back