Paph. callosum var. sublaeve

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy is blooming for me right now in the kitchen. I's Paph. callosum var. sublaeve from Lehua. Or it's Paph. crossii. Or it's Paph. callosum var. warnerianum. Or it's Paph. warnerianum. Depends on who you ask.

Anyhow, I like it. I got it since I've heard this guy has a reputation for adding growths quickly and I want to start growing a specimen plant. It's got 4 new starts so I'm happy.

--Stephen

Well grown plant --- how often do you water? I ask because I recently purchased a couple of paphs from the 4 counties show and the light,free flowing and draining compost was wet through but with roots comparable to what yours are.

Ed

Thanks, everyone! This was definitely a pleasant surprise. It's smaller than the normal variety, but the stance is better.

Well grown plant --- how often do you water? I ask because I recently purchased a couple of paphs from the 4 counties show and the light,free flowing and draining compost was wet through but with roots comparable to what yours are.

Ed

I water my paphs every other day and my phrags every day. They're in a CHC/perlite/charcoal mix. Because I water so frequently, I repot every 8-10 months. I subscribe to the view that with frequent repotting I can keep the media moist while maintaining the air gaps needed to keep oxygen available to the roots.

--Stephen

Back