Another small bella

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
This species appears to be quite heat-tolerant, the only drawback is prone to rotting upon exposure to heavy rain. It is easy when grown indoors. The ones I have refuse to clump, always 1-2 fans at any one time. I got this one from a friend last month, he is a desert rose (Adenium) grower, and the bella was growing among them, so looks a bit heat-stressed but with 2 more spikes forming.

bella1_zpsgh4wdpfq.jpg

I love this flower because the spots are distinct and the background is clear.
Many time I see other bellatulum breeding that go to the extreme , dense spotting or solid is one thing , but a lot of times they just look like they got the red skin eczema rash .

Nice bellatulum!! Is the flower smaller grown at 88 to 90 farenheit? Days

Thanks. I haven't seen very large flowered bellatulum over here. Most of what is available is likely from wild origin or F1 from wild stock. Selected bellatulum from Thailand is still very hard to come by locally. Our temperatures range from 25/26 degrees C (lowest during monsoon period) to 35-40 (intermittent) during the hot dry period from February-May. Very little day/night difference.

Many time I see other bellatulum breeding that go to the extreme , dense spotting or solid is one thing , but a lot of times they just look like they got the red skin eczema rash .

LOL :rollhappy: I like clean markings too, be it spots, blotches, stripes or speckles.

My Bella are in bud. One is about to open very soon! :)
Even with small size, I also like the flower here.
The shape is good and so is the spotting.
I like Bella as it should be. Bold spots against clear background.

Love your descripting at the end. lol

I'm asking because I know it's hot where you are, and as soon as I raised my temps, my hangianums & hybrids started growing fast

I like the flower, but where are the leaves???

Leaves are in the background, not obvious to the naked eyes due to the lighting. Flower size normally is like the length of a leaf and tend to lean forward. Had one this year and the flower lasted 2months until the care taker water on the flowered. My first Godefroyae flower only last only 2-3weeks because of the care taker while I was away.

Leaves are in the background, not obvious to the naked eyes due to the lighting. Flower size normally is like the length of a leaf and tend to lean forward. Had one this year and the flower lasted 2months until the care taker water on the flowered. My first Godefroyae flower only last only 2-3weeks because of the care taker while I was away. ��

Oh.... I think I see them now.

Latest posts

Back