Hung Sheng eagle opening.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phraggy

Reaction score
Couldn't resist putting this one on. The bloom is very large so I will put a further pic on with the measurements when fully open.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC01361.JPG
    DSC01361.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 58
Thanks for sharing. Could you post a picture showing the plant with spike? Mine bloom on a monster sized plant with the leaf span nearly one meter.

Ed why don't you use a photo posting site like Photobucket? Of course there isn't enough pixels when I grabbed your PIC to make a sharp image but you get the idea.

HS20Eagle_zpsetzpqo0b.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Could you post a picture showing the plant with spike? Mine bloom on a monster sized plant with the leaf span nearly one meter.

Will do. This is a first flowering of two good growths and one about half the size. The leafspan is almost 29.5" and the height of the plant from the top of the pot is 17". The flower at the moment is 3" x 6" only two buds this first time.

Ed

Will do. This is a first flowering of two good growths and one about half the size. The leafspan is almost 29.5" and the height of the plant from the top of the pot is 17". The flower at the moment is 3" x 6" only two buds this first time.

Ed

Thank you for your reply. 2 flowers for the first bloom might imply your plant is not strong enough. Usually, 3 flowers per stem for the first flower for this hybrid is normal and 4 is above average. I would suggest after the flowers are all opened, take a photo and cut the spike for allowing more nutrients for the next growth.

Thank you for your reply. 2 flowers for the first bloom might imply your plant is not strong enough. Usually, 3 flowers per stem for the first flower for this hybrid is normal and 4 is above average. I would suggest after the flowers are all opened, take a photo and cut the spike for allowing more nutrients for the next growth.

Totally agree with you. Will put photo on when second flower is open. But will not cut spike until a couple of weeks after 2nd bud opens.

Ed

Back