Paph. thaianum x wenshanese

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chien

Reaction score
21754978926_b161a201f1_c.jpg

Paph. thaianum x wenshanese
It's not so easy to find such a round shape flower in this kind of hybrid.

That's interesting. Maybe larger if it crosses bellatulum?
Do you mean the size of flower, or dots?
Do you mean use thaianum to cross with bellatulum, or do you mean use (thaianum x wenshanese) to cross woth bellatulum?

Do you mean the size of flower, or dots?
Do you mean use thaianum to cross with bellatulum, or do you mean use (thaianum x wenshanese) to cross woth bellatulum?

i think is best first to see more of this cross to flower,keep pollen stored,and sib cross the ones with bigger spots and good form...

or,maybe use a selected very big dotted wenshanense to cross...

i think bellatulum is a good try but i fear will give problems to stem behaviour and roundness/shape of flower,cause many times gives shorters dorsals and downword reflexed petals in progeny...but is good for colour!

i think is best first to see more of this cross to flower,keep pollen stored,and sib cross the ones with bigger spots and good form...

or,maybe use a selected very big dotted wenshanense to cross...

26729178845_5b56418cb7_z.jpg

Big dotted wenshanese?
Do you mean something like this?

But I am worry that if we use (thaianum x wenshanese) to cross with brachypetalum, the result maight be very easy to predict, that's not so fun to me.:sob:

26729178845_5b56418cb7_z.jpg

Big dotted wenshanese?
Do you mean something like this?

But I am worry that if we use (thaianum x wenshanese) to cross with brachypetalum, the result maight be very easy to predict, that's not so fun to me.:sob:

true,but is also nice to focus on long term breeding (particularly with brachys that are fast) to obtain what exactely is our goal!

Latest posts

Back