new paph-awesome flower; bad photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
I just got back from a business trip and a flower I had been impatiently awaiting had fully opened.
This is paph (anitum x philippinense) x rothschildianum that I snagged off ebay a couple weeks ago. Sorry for the bad pics, I'm just thrilled how it turned out and wanted to share. I'll try to snap some better ones if it ever stops raining here.
with flash:
1eykqVAl.jpg

without flash:
cggoYBXl.jpg

First time to see an Yang-ji Apple with short petals. Most of them I have seen with petal with considerable length.

First time to see an Yang-ji Apple with short petals. Most of them I have seen with petal with considerable length.

As Rick noted, it is Yang-ji Apple crossed with roth. But it will be interesting to see if the petals end up longer on the second flower as I wasn't able to keep it as moist as I would have if I had been in town while the first flower opened. I'll definitely make sure to get good photos when more of the flowers are open-the dorsal is stunning and very nicely vertical.

Back