Mislabelled parvi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
So this is the plant I was talking about. Labelled malipoense x jackii, but I highly doubt it is. Most likely Mem. Larry Heuer. But the foliage looks so unlike my other MLH's. I have 2 of these that I got as small seedlings around 2 years ago. The other plant looks identical to this, though I have yet to flower it. Any thoughts?

Beautiful flower.

I agree that it's likely MLH, made with either malipoense, or jackii. But, which one? You'll need to contact the vendor and hopefully trace back to the originator of the cross to find out for sure. It's definitely got emersonii in there. Good luck.

I just got a reply from the vendor. He said it's just what he expected from the cross. He even showed me a photo of another bloom that's completely different from mine. He thinks they look similar. I don't see it going anywhere. I'll keep the plants. At least they're pure parvis.

I would love this kind of accident any day!
The flower is gorgeous!!!! :)
OMG, this is how I want mine to look like. The shape and color are all very nice example of the cross.

I also think it's MLH. Even if it was made with jackii, the leaves and the flower definitely show that this plant has emersonii in it.

Malipoense x jackii I thought comes out looking pretty much like malipoense. It's something that should not be made because of potential mix up with malipoense.
Just my opinion.

I would love this kind of accident any day!
The flower is gorgeous!!!! :)
OMG, this is how I want mine to look like. The shape and color are all very nice example of the cross.

I also think it's MLH. Even if it was made with jackii, the leaves and the flower definitely show that this plant has emersonii in it.

Malipoense x jackii I thought comes out looking pretty much like malipoense. It's something that should not be made because of potential mix up with malipoense.
Just my opinion.

I think it's a keeper too. But I did expect something a lot different. I kinda knew it's mislabelled when the bud developed really fast.

I would love to have a few real malipoense x jackii though. A good mix of the 2 shouldn't look too much like malipoense.

It is definitely a keeper. So nice!!! :)
I'm dreaded that my MLH might come out with droopy petals which I'm not too fond of at all. hehe
love this icy minty (or jade or whatever you might want to call it) light green color is so cool!!!

In theory, but a few exmples I've seen of malipo x jackii was "dangerously" close. One cannot tell if it's a malipo or a malipo x jackii without a lable. With malipoense varing quite a bit in shape from chunky round to skinny, although nothing quite like jackii, but then I've seen some chunky jackii too but of course the stami is quite different than malipo, which add to the potential problem of mix up of such primary hybrid, it is a concern to me.

I think Cloud's Orchids were selling this primary hybrid seedlings just until recently, but I think they are sold out or at least not showing up on their catalogue any more.

I think Cloud's Orchids were selling this primary hybrid seedlings just until recently, but I think they are sold out or at least not showing up on their catalogue any more.[/QUOTE]

You mean malipoense x jackii? Yes I bought 2 of those. This flower is one of them.

To me it looks to be correctly labelled. I see no emersonii anywhere.
IMHO, its a cross that should of never been made. It could be considered an improvement over jackii but it distroyed malipoense.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

What?!!!! You need better glasses.
This flower is very typical of Mem. Larry Heuer.
It's screaming emersonii, both flower and the leaves.

Here is mine for reference mlh

0bf43cdaaeb026eef942c39696cd4abf.jpg

Latest posts

Back