Paph adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Activescottieuk

I was doing some general housekeeping on my plants today, and noticed my adductum is spiking for the first time!

It's one of my favourite paphs so I'm excited to see what the flower is like.

I'm now 80% sure my adductum was mislabeled, the flower spike and first bud are extremely green with no pigmentation what so ever.

All adductum spikes I've seen have been reddish

:(

I'm now 80% sure my adductum was mislabeled, the flower spike and first bud are extremely green with no pigmentation what so ever.

All adductum spikes I've seen have been reddish

:(

That was my first thought when you showed the first picture but I didn't want to stir the hornets best before there was a better picture. A side picture of the plant would help where you can see the plant habit and leaves better.

Update!

So my "adductum" finally flowered, and as suspected it's not.
I've included a photo below in case anyone wants a stab at identifying it.

It's now been returned via a PayPal dispute and I've been refunded.
Have received what I hope is a real adductum from Asendorfer

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Ebay seller who supplies this is still shifting numerous plants on the UK site, all of which have desirable names attached but look like both crappy and mislabelled (as far as one can tell without flowers) specimens in the accompanying pictures. Quite convinced this and the seller who supplied your Julius are scamming sh*tbags. Selling desirable labels attached to common plants out of flower is a well worn scam which guarantees positive Ebay feedback, so falsely boosting the sellers credibility for the next victims. This actually enrages me, but Ebay is very vulnerable to it, with no protection for the buyer after 40 days or whatever it is. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi,
sorry to hear it.

I take some plants in Asendorfer, in the last order a Adductum, young plant...so, I hope someday to see his face and is a real one.
But refound with ebay with young plants..its quite hard.

regards

And the Ebay seller who supplies this is still shifting numerous plants on the UK site, all of which have desirable names attached but look like both crappy and mislabelled (as far as one can tell without flowers) specimens in the accompanying pictures. Quite convinced this and the seller who supplied your Julius are scamming sh*tbags. Selling desirable labels attached to common plants out of flower is a well worn scam which guarantees positive Ebay feedback, so falsely boosting the sellers credibility for the next victims. This actually enrages me, but Ebay is very vulnerable to it, with no protection for the buyer after 40 days or whatever it is. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Luckily PayPal protect you for 180 days now, which still isn't enough for this type of thing but is better than eBay itself

Latest posts

Back