Mesdevallia tovarensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you consider the smell of freshly cut mushrooms as fragrant then fragrant it is... It takes a few days for the smell to develop.

Lovely plant, very well grown. Don't cut off the spent flower spikes, they will reflower next season.

Hello,

Paphmadman, it doesn't flower in succession (like a Pinocchio) but the spikes will reflower the next season, so don't cut them.

Marco, these guys do OK in the heat. Mine withstood 30+ oC days without issue. I didn't even have to stand it in water; just watered it each day. Some cultivars of this species seem to prefer a drier medium than one typically expects for a Masdie. Others Masdies in my collection did not enjoy the hot weather at all...

Marco, these guys do OK in the heat. Mine withstood 30+ oC days without issue. I didn't even have to stand it in water; just watered it each day. Some cultivars of this species seem to prefer a drier medium than one typically expects for a Masdie. Others Masdies in my collection did not enjoy the hot weather at all...

Tyrone good to know. I may look more into this one. it could get up to the 100s here in NY on a bad summer day.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back