Paph. Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cat

Paph. Michael Koopowitz (Philippinense x Sanderianum) In Bloom that I picked up today form John. I got a couple more orchids from him and posted the picture in the thread I started a week or so ago under collections called My Orchid Collection.

So glad it got home with it's long petals intact!

Notice the Hover Fly eggs on the pouch and staminode? Paph sanderianum produces beads of "sweat" on it's pouch. This comes through in the primary hybrids too. The Hover Flies seem attracted to this. When the eggs hatch, the larvae just drop off.....never to be seen again. I've never seen a flower with a little critter crawling around on it; but, the Moma Hovers do seem to like to leave their eggs behind.

Yes they all got home intact. When you drive, always bring a plant holder along..or um I was trying to say passenger :D

I see allot of potential in this clone. A larger plant will give at least 4 flowers per stem with much longer petals. Studio PICs would bear this out.

Yes sorry about that. I took the 1st 2 pictures with no lights on. I had some lights on for the 3rd and 4th pictures.

Back