hainanense sibs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought a flask of these several years ago from Fox Valley. All of the seedlings were surprisingly uniform in both appearance and growth, no runts, no superstars. Some of the flowers have been a little larger, and others have been a little more colorful, but I have been happy with all that bloomed.

Mike

Troy

Actually, my growing area is a little on the dry side. The relative humidity is rarely more than 60% and frequently as low as 30%. Also, these plants don't seem to be too picky about moisture at the roots as some of them dry out more much than I intend between waterings and I don't see any damage. I have seen damage when the light intensity is too great, so I keep these in the shadiest part of the greenhouse. I'm sure my environment is not optimal, but they grow OK and the flowers last a couple of months. BTW, these are fairly small plants at maturity with leaf spans of about 8 inches.

Mike

For those of you who might be interested, the latest lab report from Debbie Root says we should have replate flasks of this species available again around mid-summer, 2015. (Paph. appletonianum v hainanense 'Fox Valley' AM/AOS x 'Select').

Rick H

Don't know exactly what you mean by silvery green, but here is a photo of the plant. They all look like this. Don't know if it is clear, but both the leaves and the petals often have 2 or 3 little "teeth" on the end.

Mike

Latest posts

Back