Mormodia Leopard Drops

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
This is an awarded division I got from Brent Baker last year sometime, 'Priscilla's Pink Panther' AM/AOS. It bloomed with 56 flowers on 3 spikes, not bad for a first bloom division! In other news, it's also pregnant! I've got myself a plan. Pretty solid

1. Keep alive long enough to make some seed
2. Harvest seed
3. ?
4. Babies in flask!

Ok here it is

Yes, I devised the leaning tower of plastic pots all on my own. Thanks for looking :)

That's great. Is it fragrant?
I have like 5 catesetanae now and haven't figured if I should let them dry out or what. Good Luck. BTW, who's Brent Baker?:)

That's great. Is it fragrant?
I have like 5 catesetanae now and haven't figured if I should let them dry out or what. Good Luck. BTW, who's Brent Baker?:)

It fills the house with a beautiful aromatic blend of peppermint, eucalyptus, and a hint of sweet citrus. I let mine dry out fairly well during dormancy, spraying the media every once in a while and keeping nighttime humidity high, around 80%. Brent is a grower from Cali who is doing some great work with catasetinae, stanhopeas, bulbos and species paphs. he and his father have a flasking lab, some pretty good stuff coming out of it. www.rogueorchids.com EBay- 714disanuts. His flickr page is worth visiting as well. I've seen some of the biggest fredclarkearas ever come out of his greenhouse.

That is so cool! Good luck with your plan -- you'll have plenty of takers here.

Thanks Dot. The results are in. Out of the three crosses I tried (including a selfing), only one took. This one.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33616&page=2

I tried 3 pods of each cross, all others aborted but all 3 of this one are growing strong. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I know this type of intergenic breeding is difficult. But for now I'm cautiously optimistic. I treated it with Innocucor from Ray. I've found someone to flask it, if it comes to fruition. Hoping and praying for the best!

Latest posts

Back