2 new bulbophylums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
Blepharistes in bloom and fascinator yet to be mounted courteousy of jeff tyler
69d019d6ac2f8aa0d8871141b199066f.jpg

Two nice plants. I find bulbos to be very good companions for my paphs and grow a number of them in hanging baskets above my paph benches. Some have become quite large plants now. Good luck with these.

Nice blepharistes, love the long spike on small plant! Jeff has great orchids, I've never been unhappy with anything from him; insituorchids (formerly cgaxquai) on ebay if anyone's curious.

What kind of mounting suggestions are you looking for? When I mount bulbos I usually put a little live moss against the wood, plant over that, then a small pad of sphagnum and some long coconut fibers on top of it all. On the other hand, I've killed almost 75% of my once-extensive bulbophyllum collection over the last few years so maybe you shouldn't follow my advice... :(

Cool nights warm days for most should be ok, that blepharistes was a piece of a show plant I took pics of in another thread it broke off lol..

Coconut fibers hold salts bulbos are very sensitive to salts, gotta wash it out very well and keep humidity up

Latest posts

Back