Micranthum opening

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
This is a select micranthum from Orchid Inn I received in a trade several years ago...just starting to open

62f16497fd420d155ffd6e44f02e3a5a.jpg

Keep us posted. Looks promising for sure. How do you grow it? I've considered getting micranthum before, but I've never felt confident I could give them the conditions they'd thrive in.

Keep us posted. Looks promising for sure. How do you grow it? I've considered getting micranthum before, but I've never felt confident I could give them the conditions they'd thrive in.

I think this species is pretty easy to grow actually. It just takes time for them to flower. This plant has spent the last 6 years or so sitting indoors under lights, 12" below 4x4" T-12 fluorescent shoplights.

I grow in intermediate temperatures, and humidity is 50-60% in the summer and 30% in the winter.

Justin, I can't wait to see it open. I've become interested in micranthum and armeniacum as of late. Put a multigrowth armeniacum in a basket and lost the couple of large growths but have a large number of starts. This winter I'm going to try this with a micranthum as well. Seems like lots of people tried basket culture with armeniacum but failed due to losing the roots. I only watered once a week or maybe 5 days in the summer but now I want to see why micranthums wouldn't also do well in the same set up. Thoughts fellow slipper lovers?

I put 4 micranthums in a 14" round diameter x 2" deep terracotta pot with a compost of just 6mm - 9mm orchiata last May. They seem to be just settling in and have made only a small progress so far--hope they will suddenly take off.

Ed

Wow, That got a pretty small pouch which means the proportions are really nice. Excellent!

micranthum is a great species. Kudos for your patience.. 6 years is a very long time. :clap:

Back