Phrag. "anguloi"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
Not yet recognized as a species... but seems to me very different from schlimii, andreettae and the hybrid between schlimii and andreettae. It is a very compact plant with amazing almost white flowers!
Yesterday I received it as a gift from a friend... I am so excited! The plant comes with a couple of seedpods so we can start in vitro reproduction.

4ae500969372dd150f037a9e0d474935.jpg

Last edited:
Not yet recognized as a species... but seems to me very different from schlimii, andreettae and the hybrid between schlimii and andreettae. It is a very compact plant with amazing almost white flowers!
Yesterday I received it as a gift from a friend... I am so excited! The plant comes with a couple of seedpods so we can start in vitro reproduction.:D
17b3b56b384343c5b899af3912904377.jpg

Isn't it manzurii???This plant is similar( the same?) for my eyes...

Dodidoki, it is not manzurii for sure. manzurii is closely related with schlimii... i would consider it as a var of schlimii...
This is something totally different.. This species seems to me closer to andreettae than to schlimii. The background is white to very light pink. The staminode is far from other speciesand the pouch is more besseae-like. It comes from Cauca Valley.... far from manzurii and close to andreettae areas. I was skeptic about this "discovery" (actually made few years ago) but having the plant in front of me I have no doubts now.

Dodidoki, it is not manzurii for sure. manzurii is closely related with schlimii... i would consider it as a var of schlimii...
This is something totally different.. This species seems to me closer to andreettae than to schlimii. The background is white to very light pink. The staminode is far from other speciesand the pouch is more besseae-like. It comes from Cauca Valley.... far from manzurii and close to andreettae areas. I was skeptic about this "discovery" (actually made few years ago) but having the plant in front of me I have no doubts now.

Thanks for info! Have a good luck with breeding! ( maybe in the future I will have one form you. :) )
Is there any scientic description about this specie! Where did its name come from?

It is being described. The name comes from Roberto Angulo, a great colombian grower. He has been growing some plants of this species from a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back