Paph. rungsuriyanum (new species)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
A new miniature paphiopedilum species. Many many thanks to Olaf for publishing and helping with the description.

Here is the link to the publication.
http://orchideen-journal.de/permali...OUTH_CHAISURIYAKUL_DIONISIO_Paphiopedilum.pdf

fjQPmsP.jpg

Odd. I can access the link with no problem. I will email you the article tomorrow link if you still cant open it. Its 3mb.

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing that. Can't wait til there are seedlings available!

I can't get the link to open. I get a message that says; "The file is damaged and cannot be opened".

I think it's a browser issue. Try right clicking; I get "save linked file as..." when I do that. Then you can just download it and read it on your comp.

That is just wonderful and so different. What an amazing discovery.

Now I wish I took German more seriously at school. Hopefully an English version will come out.

That is just wonderful and so different. What an amazing discovery.

Now I wish I took German more seriously at school. Hopefully an English version will come out.

Fortunately, there's a translation in the 'common language' at the bottom of the document.

english version is at end of the pdf.
Regards
Roland Schettler VDOF
:wink:

Thank you Roland and Olaf for all the help.

Parvisepalum tribe?

That one still needs to be determined. At first, it looks like a parvi because of the leaves and petals but not quite when you look at the pouch.

Also this species is unique having four pollinias. (We thought that was a single plant anomaly but looking into the other clones, there are four) I can't recall any Paphiopedilum that displays this characteristics.

c2ureWi.jpg

EhnBl1D.jpg

Wow! That's spectacular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back