Paph. rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap that's dark! Congrats and great growing! Beautiful plant as well. That is something special. What are your min temps?

that turned out great! love the shape of the dorsal and the dark color. great job growing this one!

Awesome first blooming! I really like the presentation of the blooms, they are held nicely above the foliage, and each is well spaced from the next. Good symmetry and incredible density of dorsal striping which further accentuates the depth of colour. And then of course as we have come to expect from you, a very well grown plant. Thank you!

Wow! Congrats on the first bloom roth! Such nice color too!! Great growing as usual! Do you still alter your ph to 6.5 btw?

Thanks so much for wonderful comments.

Very nice one. What's the flower size?

The majority of those wild collected plants crosses are dark. Mine is different in shape but similar color.

Nice clone Fabrice. I was told that the Bear, New Bear, etc were wild collected. It is a relatively small flower compared to the awarded clones. NS is about 25cm but its kinda down-swept petals too. Still increasing so I will post final measurement when third flower opens. The dorsal is about 5.3 cm wide. And sepal to dorsal is 14 cm high. Dorsal is a bit oblong in shape rather than the diamond or round shape. I have another clone that is more round and has more lateral petals. Looking to be more darker than this so far.
Wow very dark! I like it a lot. What fertilizer do you use? The leaves look pretty dark green too.

Thanks, I was using plant prod 25-10-10 until summer last year but I ran out so I am now using plant prod 20-20-20 as I want to finish it up before buying another one. 50-60 ppm per gallon. They are fertilizers with urea.

Holy crap that's dark! Congrats and great growing! Beautiful plant as well. That is something special. What are your min temps?

Thanks min temp is 18c.

Back