Hung Sheng Glow x Hsinying Love

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
Sorry about the water drops, I watered this morning and things have not dried out too well. This is the first of the seedlings to flower. I purchased 2 flasks in the hope of getting a large flame dorsal on good stem length.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's really nice. Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but the dorsal looks quite flat, which is not always the case in a "flame."

Nice start. It's not where you what to be though, is it?
No, not quite what I wanted, but the near solid colour in the dorsal is quite attractive. It is flowering on a very small plant, so I cant really expect too much I suppose

Harmonic flower with deep colours. How big is it?
It has a NS of 11.5cm. Not huge, but I suppose not too bad

I love it!! Are maudiae types popular in South Africa?
No, not really. The market here is almost totally focused on phals, dendrobes and mini cats. The hobbyist market will take some maudiae types, but I think that the problem is the general poor quality available. Small flowers on poor stems (sort of like the rejects find their way onto the nursery shelves)

I also think that flower is magnificent. I hope I can grow a flower like that some day. Another thing is, how did you take such an awesome photo? There are a number of beautiful photos on this site and just wondering how you get them? Is it the camera that's the most important? Thanks for your answer.

Hi Tmdl, thank you for your kind comment. I am not a good photographer at all, my pictures are very 'hit and miss'. There are some really great photographers on this forum. There have been a number of threads dedicated to getting better pictures, (I don't know how to post a link for you so that you can go over all the advice, perhaps a more experienced member can direct you?)

Back