Paph Formosa Lady

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
A multi that regularly flowers in Autumn for me. Must be the sanderianum.

Paph Formosa Lady (Susan Booth 'Yu-Pin' x sanderianum 'In-charm')

Intense flowers David. A couple of things, are the flowers relatively small or are your plant clips gigantic!?:poke: The other thing I wanted to point out is the "splits" in the center of the leaves. I get that off and on with my plants too. Do you have any theories why that happens?

Intense flowers David. A couple of things, are the flowers relatively small or are your plant clips gigantic!?:poke: The other thing I wanted to point out is the "splits" in the center of the leaves. I get that off and on with my plants too. Do you have any theories why that happens?

Well, the bottom two clips are those monster ones for thick stems. :)

Yes, that plant has the "splits" pretty bad. I do get it in other plants as well now that you mention it. I haven't really thought about it. I'm not sure of the cause. Maybe humidity or disease. I wouldn't say this plant is real strong at the moment. Do you have a view?

Great photo and very nice flowers.

I had read somewhere that the central splits were from widely fluctuating humidity levels and or water availability causing flexing at the central rib when the cells become turgid then shrink, cyclically. Dont know if its more than a theory.

Great photo and very nice flowers.

I had read somewhere that the central splits were from widely fluctuating humidity levels and or water availability causing flexing at the central rib when the cells become turgid then shrink, cyclically. Dont know if its more than a theory.

That's possible. The plant was a bit close to a fan and was drying out a bit too much between waterings. I have moved it. Humidity can be a bit of an issue in winter when I have to heat a lot.

Is that ever dark! Lovely!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Well, the bottom two clips are those monster ones for thick stems. :)

Yes, that plant has the "splits" pretty bad. I do get it in other plants as well now that you mention it. I haven't really thought about it. I'm not sure of the cause. Maybe humidity or disease. I wouldn't say this plant is real strong at the moment. Do you have a view?

I think Oz is right. Not disease at all. I do see it in the species strap-leaves more then their hybrids.

Great photos! The flowers seem to jump out at you.
I love the colour of the blooms, that combo of sulphur and choco is awesome, well flowered. Definitely on my wish list.

Back