Paph Prince Edward of York

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dustywoman

This Paph came from Woodsprite Orchids here in Maine. I cannot take any credit for it, as I only bought it yesterday. I was not planning to buy it, but could not resist bringing home a PEOY in spike! :evil: I do have another PEOY, but it hasn't bloomed for me yet. Maybe this one will be a good influence. :poke:

Will take more photos as the spike progresses and buds open. I can see the petals starting to come out of the bud. I hope they will be long and have a good, wide, stance.

DSCN9847.jpg

DSCN9848.jpg

DSCN9849.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

papheteer said:
i am very curious how much sanderianum hybrids in bud costs. I hope u don't mind me asking how much u got it for. :eek:
orchidtn (ebay) has a multi growth one for $60 and a specimin one WAY multi growth for $155.

No problem,

This one was slightly under $60. They were having a 15% off sale. I was not planing to buy a PEOY, but..............:evil:

dustywoman said:
No problem,

This one was slightly under $60. They were having a 15% off sale. I was not planing to buy a PEOY, but..............:evil:
MOST of my orchids were "I was not planning on buying but....." purchases.:rollhappy:

Again,this re-introduces the questions I had about why straight Paph sanderianum plants are SO expensive. If it's so slow growing I'll just get a PEOY. At least I'll see it bloom in my lifetime and I'll have money left over to eat too. Just venting...

that was a steal for a PEOY in bud.It will be a beauty

I feel the same way about Paph sanderianum. I bought a seedling that I paid wayyyy too much for and eventually killed it. :sob:

Stll, if a fully grown specimen (in bud) were to show up at my doorstep, I would let it in. (like, when is that ever going to happen):rollhappy:

Last Night and This Morning - Progress

The petals are starting to come out. This morning, I could get a glimpse of the pouch. Looks very dark!!

I love how it looks. It reminds me of a snake, a dragon, or a bird hatching!

Last Night:
DSCN9863.jpg

This Morning:
DSCN9866.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back