kovachii x besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just have to wait to see the results. Those crosses with Eric Young ( both regular and with flava forms) and Mem Dick Clements have been done and REGISTERED by CJM in Peru. No mistakes in the lab here...
Have a good day

isaias m rolando said:
We just have to wait to see the results. Those crosses with Eric Young ( both regular and with flava forms) and Mem Dick Clements have been done and REGISTERED by CJM in Peru. No mistakes in the lab here...
Have a good day
Do you know whom the importer to the USA will be?

CJM orchids will export to Piping Rock in the US and Peter C in Canada, I presume. Perhaps he will be open to export to other people directly. I do not know what the terms for his agreement with this North Americans will be in the future. Just contact him. I understand he will open a new web site soon.

isaias m rolando said:
Have a good day

How can the plants be registered if they haven't bloomed?

And is it possible to register a plant (cross/hybrid) if the cross you made didn't bloom and the plant that bloomed wasn't in your possesion?

Kyle

Kyle said:
How can the plants be registered if they haven't bloomed?

And is it possible to register a plant (cross/hybrid) if the cross you made didn't bloom and the plant that bloomed wasn't in your possesion?

Kyle
I assume Isaias means that the cross was registered with INRENA for they can't be registered with RHS until they bloom. I believe INRENA has been keeping track of this info.

Of course I meant INRENA. That is what counts in Peru for the people working legally, and to export those flasks later. You need to register first the Phrags Hybryds (mother plants) you have imported and then the flasks with PK you plane to export a year ahead in time. INRENA has what they call PLAN DE PORDUCCION in the lab. Only registered flasks can be exported. CJM Orchids is, according to INRENA, the only Orchid exporter that has reported the importation of all his phrag hybrids. There are no reocrds of other orchid exporter about his importation of any phrags.
Perhaps some people still do not want to understand what to work legal in Peru means...that is why there so many "mistakes in labs" and "letters of appologies"...
Have a good night

I can ask Mr Manrique...
I will be returning to Peru tomorrow. I am now at the III International Orchid Conservation Conference in San Jose de Costa Rica. We will finish our participation here tonight.
We have reported here our data about Phrag besseae and PK illegal hybrids already in the market.

I believe Mr Manrique is in DC. Attending meetings with CITES authorities in Washington DC. Perhaps he could be returning to the country by Saturday.

isaias m rolando said:
CJM orchids will export to Piping Rock in the US and Peter C in Canada, I presume. Perhaps he will be open to export to other people directly. I do not know what the terms for his agreement with this North Americans will be in the future. Just contact him.
Thanx for the info, I have got to start bothering Glen now so he can get me some...

NYEric said:
When I rec'd my Pk x besseae it had the IRENA paperwork included. It reminded me of a WW2 movie, "Your Papers please!".

What was his name? The guy on Hogan's Heros that made all their documents? Dunkirk or something? I wonder if he has gone into making kovachii papers? :clap:

Ron-NY said:
I believe the number I heard from Alfredo last fall was either 12 or 14
Should we start putting away money for the new crosses yet?

Alfredo Manrique will have seedlings in 2.5 inch pots available at his talk 4/28 & 4/29 in Chicago. These will be the 4 hybrids Piping Rock has had listed. Go to http://www.pipingrockorchids.com/KBindex.htm
If you would like to hear Alfredo speak go to www.iosoc.com for the Illinois Orchid Society website to register for the conference in order to hear Alfredo speak. The lectures are closed to the public, show registrants only may attend. Cost is only $60 through 3/31, then rises to $75 on 4/1
You can then ask Alfredo himself how many more hybrids he has coming along !!!
Leo

gonewild said:
Well that is true but not what I meant to say. I meant you may turn blue impatiently waiting to spend your money. ;)
Not really, just have a realistic idea of how soon the US grower/vendors are willing to release the plants after they get them from the hybridizer 12-15 months seems to be the time on the first crosses.

Latest posts

Back