Paphiopedilum armeniacum basket update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
This is the same plant from this post (http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17972). So far it's the most vigorous clone of this species I have and has not been out of flower for more than a month or two since I posted it in 2010.

Paphiopedilumarmeniacumbasket12-25-2012_zpse8099d40.jpg
[/IMG]

Most amazing armeniacum I've ever seen! How do you grow it? I'm especially curious about your temps.

Thank you.

I grow it with my cattleyas. Same amount of light but constantly moist (even in winter). Temperatures are 60F at night and 80F during the day in winter; 10F higher in the summer.

J, how do you fertilize your armeniacum? Do you supplement Ca or add anything like oyster shell, marble, etc. to the mix? Truly awesome plant!

I'm VERY tempted to try one now. So just bark mix and sphag in a basket with no super low winter temps? I could do that. Do you have high humidity? How fast does the basket dry out? Words just can't say how awesome your plant is and how jealous I am. :D

Any one know if an armeniacum would do ok in straight sphag in a wood basket?

J, how do you fertilize your armeniacum? Do you supplement Ca or add anything like oyster shell, marble, etc. to the mix? Truly awesome plant!

I use MU fertilizer at 150 ppm or low K fertilizer at 200 ppm weekly. I add pellitized lime every 6 months (1/4 tsp per basket).

I'm VERY tempted to try one now. So just bark mix and sphag in a basket with no super low winter temps? I could do that. Do you have high humidity? How fast does the basket dry out? Words just can't say how awesome your plant is and how jealous I am. :D

Any one know if an armeniacum would do ok in straight sphag in a wood basket?

I keep the humidity at about 50% and it dries out pretty fast so that I water it every day in the summer and every other day in the winter.

looks really great it is alwasy impressive to see your plants congrats for that one, if you have a clone one day please think on me

Back