Phal. cornu-cervi f. chattaladae 'Monster'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
My plant got 91 points. It has 10 flowers and four buds on three infls. NS 3.5 x 5.1 cm, DSW 1.1 LSW 1.2 and PW .7. One inflorescence has 6 flowers and 2 buds and the rest has two each and a bud. The plant is growing in a 3" pot in pure NZ moss (in the picture it is in a 5" ceramic pot.).

Ramon :D

Phal. cornu-cervi f. chattaladae 'Monster' FCC
7722401180_62a8bbb176_z.jpg

The whole plant
7730956186_bf43c80565_c.jpg

congrats and nice flowers. it's a little surprising to me from what i've seen of judging in the east, that it got an fcc instead of a cce. also just surprised that it didn't get a cultural award at all! usually flowers like cornu cervis (phals) that don't have full round flowers no matter how nice for the species, don't get flower awards that high but would get cultural awards probably plus an am. don't get me wrong, i'm happy to see a species get a high award for an excellent version of what that species can be in it's own right :) just that i haven't seen it happen often (fcc wise at least)

Flowers have great substance and color, also the arrangement around the plant is good, congrats! He probably found it under a table also! :poke:

Ooooh that's dark! And look at that stance!!!
Amazing job Ramon! Well deserved recognition!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Now that is dark. The best example of that species I have seen. Grown to perfection. Your award is well deserved, congratulations!!!

Back