Ocean of Phrag. kovachii's! -Update with new photo's!-

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I thought it would be time to post some new pictures. It has been about 2 weeks ago when I first posted some pictures.

This is what the bench looks like now:
PhragBench111282011.jpg

Phragkovachii-Bench2-112811.jpg

and here are 2 kovachii's that I pulled (that I used to make some hybrids and I gave them clonal names):

Phrag. kovachii 'Machu Picchu' (flower dimensions 16 cm across)

PhragkovachiiMachuPicchu211282011.jpg

PhragkovachiiMachuPicchuBlack211282011.jpg

Phrag. kovachii 'Sacsayhuanman': (flower dimensions 16 cm across)

PhragkovachiiSacsayhuamanLauraxAna-flower-11282011.jpg

PhragkovachiiSacsayhumanBlack211282011.jpg

And finally to give you an idea of how big the plants are, here is a picture of the whole plant:

PhragkovachiiSacsayhumanplant11282011.jpg

Robert

Wow.

The second one looks very unusual, with the white stripe in the petals and the mostly white stam. Wouldn't it be interesting to breed with that one, if that stripe is consistent?

Wow.

The second one looks very unusual, with the white stripe in the petals and the mostly white stam. Wouldn't it be interesting to breed with that one, if that stripe is consistent?

I agree, that it is unusual; it is also the one I posted earlier that had a lot of white on the backside of the petals. I don't however like the shape of the flower, but who knows, I still may do something with it...maybe self it to get the albino kovachii....

Robert

But it's the first flower, right? It may improve. I really like that it's so unusual. Good thing I'm not close by, and that I've already "shot my wad!"

Nice plants Robert. I hope you come to see us again next spring at Orchidexpo.

Thanks a lot for the update, Robert, that´s really wonderful and I like your pics
Best rgards, Gina

I like the most first, however its shape not so perfect but contrasts of different colours(purple, rose, white and yellow) are amazing!!!!!
Anyway I like all of, shape of last flower is the best I think.(however if I could choose I should go for first...)

Back