Ocean of Phrag. kovachii's!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

5 of our Phrag. kovachii seedlings are spiking, all at the same time. So I thought I would post some pictures of the progress. Following are some pictures of our Phrag. kovachii bench. We grow all our larger plants in an Eb and Flow system. They get automatically watered twice a day (for 15 mins each); the water flows in the basin, and drains out after 15 mins.

kovachiiBennch211172011.jpg

kovachiiBench411172011.jpg

kovachiibench1.jpg

I thought the backside of this kovachii flower was interesting; it has more white than any of the others that I have seen. I think eventually they (or we) will find an all white kovachii with no purple pigmentation!

kovachiibud11172011.jpg

Robert

Impressive "sea" indeed! They all look to be bursting with vitality, too!

fantastic. It looks like you have the weather and space to grow so many.
Ed

Well, our weather gets a little colder in the winter than where you are :) our climate is more like Moscow... But we heat our greenhouses.

I had to check out their website after your comment JeanLux. It's clear they don't plan on selling any of us common folk!

Just wondering if that, is one of those 'stress free' work spaces.

Having difficulty reading the price on the seed pod.
:D

I had to check out their website after your comment JeanLux. It's clear they don't plan on selling any of us common folk!

They bought them quite expensive to be honest, and they had to travel to Peru to get those back ( in this they have been heavily cheated by the seller, who already at that time was flooding the market with cheap wild kovachiis...). Now, a kovachii costs 50 bucks from Arias...

5 of our Phrag. kovachii seedlings are spiking, all at the same time. So I thought I would post some pictures of the progress. Following are some pictures of our Phrag. kovachii bench. We grow all our larger plants in an Eb and Flow system. They get automatically watered twice a day (for 15 mins each); the water flows in the basin, and drains out after 15 mins.

I thought the backside of this kovachii flower was interesting; it has more white than any of the others that I have seen. I think eventually they (or we) will find an all white kovachii with no purple pigmentation!
Robert

Beautiful plants, really...

For the white back of the flower, there is a stupid guy in the USA who got a wild kovachii in spike, spike green, bud white. He waited, spike green, bud white. He got fortunes offered for his plant from Taiwan and Japan ( up to 20.000USD), but he KNEW he could get much more by blooming it and selling it in bloom. The green spike grew, white bud grew... it opened... pink...

Latest posts

Back