Phalaenopsis pantherina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roth

Reaction score
Just a fantasy, a non-Paphiopedilum...

pantherina.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I reasked the owner(and now seller :D) and this is the form from Sabah with dark markings. The flower is quite massive, and nothing close to a cornu cervi. Fewer flowers per stem, the plant has overall a bit narrower leaves at the base, and usually finishes its flower spikes by a keiki. The seller had 7 different jungle ones that he propagated by keikis. Apparently it is therefore a real pantherina.

nice flower. a few years ago I bought one labeled as pantherina and instead turned out to be a nice cornu-cervi; not tetraploid and not mass-produced so it had nice species form and color. I always wonder if the reddish phals allied with cornu-cervi are actually species and it's so hard to tell because so many 'want' new species... I had another seedling of pantherina but it failed to thrive in my care

nice! you grow semi-hydro?

No, I grow in nearly pure bark, just added a bit sphagnum for water absorpition reason.
Normaly all species from the subgenus polychilos grow well in not too moist substrate.
And they love bright light. Brighter than the average phalaenopsis then they are doing quite well.

Latest posts

Back