Paphiopedilum gigantifolium x Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandacee

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum gigantifolium x Michael Koopowitz ( philippinense x sanderianum )

gig_koop1_1280.jpg

gig_koop2_1280.jpg

:drool::drool: Read the title & had to check this one out right away! Nice cross & wonderful pics!!! :clap::clap:
Keep us update as more flowers open!

Just got one of these from Glen Decker. Nice sized plant. Probably will have to grow a while before coming to blooming size. What's the leaf span on yours?

Just got one of these from Glen Decker. Nice sized plant. Probably will have to grow a while before coming to blooming size. What's the leaf span on yours?

This is the first flowering. The leaves are 45 cm. The inflorescence has three flowers.

Nice start as a potential building block. I wouldn't say it an improvement over either parent but it does have potential.
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you, I have been hesitating a lot because my English is very bad
Your English is fine, vandacee! I wish I could say that of my French! Welcome to Slippertalk. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your plants. Based on these photos of this hybrid, you must have a wonderful collection.

Nice start as a potential building block. I wouldn't say it an improvement over either parent but it does have potential....

Interesting one. But if you ask me, it doesn't beat gig. as species
I disagree - I think it's an improvement over gigantifolium 'cause the petals got longer! Not all improvement is in the flowers, it may also have more vigor, & be quicker growing than either species. So yes we also agree Rick, would you get one of these? Think about it, is the sandie x gig cross (Chiu Hua Dancer) better? If so why?

.... I really like what gigantifolium is bringing to it's hybrids.
Oh yeah!

Welcome from Canada, vandacee! Your plant is beautiful. I'd like to find one like this. BTW; Your English is actually quite good. Don't worry about that. Plus, don't forget that you can use Google translate. http://translate.google.com/#

I use google translate to help understand my French team and customers at work. :) Welcome Andre!

I really like what gigantifolium is bringing to it's hybrids.

Your English is fine, vandacee! I wish I could say that of my French! Welcome to Slippertalk. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your plants. Based on these photos of this hybrid, you must have a wonderful collection.

Thank you for your welcome.
My photos are available on my web site :
http://dd.fernandez.pagesperso-orange.fr/index.htm

Latest posts

Back