Bog garden update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

Sorry if anyone is getting sick of looking at these but I have no where else to share and I'm in love with my bog garden.

Sarracenia alata
DSCF7662.jpg

DSCF7654.jpg

Sarracenia rubra this variety smells awesome, like raspberries and menthol
DSCF7680.jpg

another form of S. rubra or one of the more recently split species, not sure but a favorite (Spiranthes cernua clump on left)
DSCF7659.jpg

whole darned thing
a week ago
DSCF7655.jpg

2 days ago
DSCF7664.jpg

Forrest

Sorry if anyone is getting sick of looking at these but I have no where else to share and I'm in love with my bog garden.Forrest
I NEVER get sick of looking, just get sick that I don't have one just like it! I'm in love with your bog garden too - keep postin'!

Very nice Forrest, I'd love to see a few photos of the pitcher's when they mature. The rubra flowers are intense, the 'flava' form is one I had never seen before. Cool.

Some day, I want to try to put in a bog garden too.

I too would like to try it out someday. I'm sure your experience is or will be very useful to many of us.

I seem to bookmark these threads every time they come up, just to make *sure* I have pictures of your garden saved for the day I get a yard. :) I agree with everyone - your bog is super cool!

I would never get tired of seeing that bog Forrest. Send some down south when it starts to outgrow the area :)

Do you have spikes coming up on the flytraps? I've never seen flytraps in flower before, and one of the plants in my little carnivorous planter has a spike going up on it.:clap:

Do you have spikes coming up on the flytraps? I've never seen flytraps in flower before, and one of the plants in my little carnivorous planter has a spike going up on it.:clap:

Yeah, they are trying to flower right now, I pinch them off as soon as i see them because they take a lot of energy away from the plant. If left to develop seed, the inflorescences will prevent nice new traps from being formed. Plus they take forever to grow from seed nand the blooms aren't to amazing.

Yeah, they are trying to flower right now, I pinch them off as soon as i see them because they take a lot of energy away from the plant. If left to develop seed, the inflorescences will prevent nice new traps from being formed. Plus they take forever to grow from seed nand the blooms aren't to amazing.

Good timing here! Our vft's are spiking too. I've never seen them bloom before and was curious. I guess we'll just pat ourselves on the back for making healthy plants, google it to see what the flowers would look like, then snip them off.

Latest posts

Back